Re: Electric fans

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 23:47:24 EDT

I sent back my Flex-a-Lite dual 12" one for their Black Magic, which is a
single 15" rated for 260hp V8s, because of fitment concerns. The dual unit is
about 4" wider than my 99's radiator, whereas the Black Magic fits within the
radiator's sides. It uses a clamp-on system, not those thru-the-radiator
straps. It's got an adjustable thermostat (180-240) and a/c relay, plus
everything's built into a box on top of the fan, including the sensing bulb,
so no messing with taping it to a hose or sticking it thru the fins. I'm
going to wire it to a swicthed power source, so the fan stops when I shut off
the truck. Not willing to take a chance on a dead battery, and besides, the
factory fan stops when you shut off anyway, so why change how the truck cools
down after shut-off? I'll post my thoughts on the install when it's done.

Kevin/NJ
99 CC V8 2wd Auto
always adding more.....
check it out: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.htm">THE