Re: Locking Hubs

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 23:54:08 EDT

Yes the Dak has IFS with separate CV joints/axles. The end of the axle (outer
cv joint) bolts to the backside of the hub. They spin, the diff spins, and the
front driveshaft all spin even when in 2wd. But a buddy of mine ordered a
2000 Toyota Takoma and got it a couple weeks before mine, they have IFS and he
ordered lockout hubs with his truck. So he can unlock his and save rolling all
that weight and the wear and tear on the components. Just wondered if there
was anything out there to do the same with a new Dak.