Re: now: facing flywheel was:truck apart need help (was DC sucks)

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 01:55:44 EDT

Dester;

My question to you, if you have the whole thing a part once, why not put in
the pressure plate, besides the pp springs do get weak over time and could
have if not likely caused your clutch failure in the first place. Just like
the fly-wheel the face of the used pressure plate may not be true. Once
again causing pre-mature clutch failure.

The ONLY way to face a fly-wheel is on lathe type machine, the reason you
are facing it in the first place is to make it true. It is a bit more
complicated than doing brake rotors, but not much (with the correct
equipment)

L. John
Your local **Real Hemi** Owner