Re: 275/60's on a 2x4 genIII?

From: Alex Ross (ajross50@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 18:02:44 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: William H. Hiatt III <william@hiatt.net>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 11:34 PM
Subject: DML: 275/60's on a 2x4 genIII?

> Well, I'm going to be purchasing chromed R/T rims and new tires. Here's
> some questions:
>
> A) How would 275/60's look on a genIII 2x4? Would it bump at all or rub on
> a full turn?

The 275/60's would look good as they would fill up the wheel wells. There is
plenty of room on the rear, might be tight on the front. However, this is
the tire size the Durango R/T's come with. So, shouldn't be a problem.

> B) I currently have the 15x8 rims. My gear ratio will go down to about a
> 3.33. How will this affect my performance?

You will have a little less off the line. Other than that, not much.

> C) Any comments on the Dunlop Sport Rover GTX? BF Goodrich Comp T/A HR4's?

I have the Dunlop Sport Rover GTX's in a 255/55/17. All I can say is lots
of grip. Very hard to break the rear end loose now. Also, very repsonsive.

> D) Where's the cheapest place to get the chromed R/T rims. I found AAA
rims
> on Ebay for like 1150, but remember a capitol set for around 1000.

Don't know off hand.

Alex
97 CC Sport V8 5spd