Re: 275/60's on a 2x4 genIII?

From: LARRY LEESCH (leeschhp1@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 18:28:46 EDT

>From: "William H. Hiatt III" <william@hiatt.net>
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: DML: 275/60's on a 2x4 genIII?
>Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 20:34:15 -0700
William,
I have a '00 dak cc, slt+, all options except abs and engine heater. I also
have the 8" x 15 wheels and this last saturday got rid of the exploding
Goodyear Eagle LS tires that came on the truck. I had Discount Tire install
Goodrich Radial ta's 275x60x15 on it. They are 28.0" in height and this puts
them just a hair shorter than the Goodyears at 28.1". Discount offered me
$15. a tire trade in and I spent $392.00 with lifetime everything. The truck
rides like a dream- even better than my Lincoln. So far,the mpg's are up
about a half a click- that's over three tanks of gas. I'm getting 18 mpg's
with the 3.9, auto, 3:55 locking axle.. hope this info helps