RE: Re: 2 homebrew K&N questions

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 16:00:45 EDT

> My '99 breather hose was unaffected by this mod. What year/engine is
> yours?

Yeah, I've spent too much time looking at different engines and mods thanks
to all youse DML'ers. My breather's connected to the back of the air hat, so
no problem there.

As far is the different dimensions of the clamp/air hat flange, I went and
perused the clamp collection at Henry Plumbing today and found one with a
step-down liner, 3.5" on one end (PVC) and 3" on the other. I think I should
be able to stretch that around the 3-1/8" flange. I didn't want to build out
the flange if I could help it, as I imagine the "wall" I'd build up on the
interior run would add unnecessary turbulence to the airstream, and right
before the TB to boot.

But the reassurance that the clamps will cinch enough to make a good seal
despite the diameter difference is nice in case I do need to go that route,
thanks for affirming that.

- Alex