Re: 2 homebrew K&N questions

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 15:05:34 EDT

    There's a couple diffeent things you could do with the first being
find another piece of rubber about the same thickness as the rubber.
Cut a strip and apply this strip to the inside of the clamp, so you have
two thicknesses on the (I think) air hat side.
    Or you could do what I did. Pop the rivets which hold the clamps
to the stainless steel sleeve. This will allow the sleeve to reduce down
to the correct size without crimping. The clamps have enough "force"
to completely seal the different diameter pipes.
    My '99 breather hose was unaffected by this mod. What year/engine is
yours?

Chuck Robbins
'99 Intense Blue Dakota Sport
www.intense99dak.com