Re: Superchargers

From: Mike Williams (evilrt@bignet.net)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 19:45:30 EDT

I've seen quite a few Kenne-Bells installed on R/T's, haven't seen one run
under 14 seconds yet. Problem is the optimizer does not work at advertised.
The fuel system of the Dakota is not up to the task and the intake charge in
over 350 degrees. Another problem is the knock sensor for the optimizer is
set off by engine harmonics at around 45 to 4800 RPM. I've also talked to a
few owners that every time they really get on it they throw their belt. This
could be an install problem though. If you want stump pulling power on the
low end and operate your truck at or under 4000 RPM's go for the Kenne-Bell.
If I needed power like that I would be a member of the Turbo Diesel list.

One Kenne-Bell owner on the R/T list posted this link.
www.kennebellisslow.com

Mike Williams
00 Blk R/T RC - ProCharged - 13.719 @ 103.79 - ya I had traction problems
Ya I know the link doesn't work...