RE: Roller Rockers my way

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 21:03:42 EDT

Crane reccommends that you rotate the engine until the exhaust valve just
starts to open and adjust the intake nut. Hand turn the nut until the rucker
has no more clearance between the valve and pushrod, then tighten 1/2 to 1/4
turn more. Then turn the engine until the intake valve goes ast open and is
2/3 way closed, then adjust the exhaust valve rocker the same as the intake.

I have done this 3 times in the last week and I found that this way is the
most fool-proof (thats me!), but it does take the longest to do this way.

WARNING! Do not turn the nut more than 1/2 turn past zero lash, you could
bend a pushrod, or do like me and make three solid lifters out of a
hydraulic.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html