Re: homebrew K&N

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 04:12:35 EDT

Thanks Derek,
  Thetas the nicest thing anybody said to me all day:) Putting in that air filter was I did myself to the truck (or any car or truck ever) I'm glad I could help out. The K&N part # is RF-1008. I ordered the filter with a 4' opening by mistake. Once again thank goodness for Home Depot for a 4' to 3' adapter. Yes that "weird vacuum looking thing that I am surrmizing must be for the cruise control, as it has a cable back to the throttle linkage" is the speed control for the cruise control. My filter fit right under the weird vacuum looking thing cables. I was also guessed about the chambers in the black "hat" as being resonators. This is a truck not a speaker so out went the hat and resonators. I also have some extra 3inch PVC. I also cut back the rubber thing next to the radiator, about 4*6 inches to allow front cool air to the filter. I put an electronic thermometer in right at the TB that's a topic by itself.

    Lets see some photos for your set up?? Is the AC blowing colder after wrapping the AC lines?

    Don Mallett
Geocities.com/maldbnsf