Re: More 2001 Spy Shots

From: Mike Lohmeyer (mike@akhara.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 19:21:29 EDT

At 8:37 AM -0700 8/1/00, Jason Bleazard wrote:
>--- Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> > Great shots! My father pointed something out to me though.
> > There's no
> > t-case Neutral on this thing (at least not on that switch).
> > Thoughts, anyone?
>
>I think you should not plan on towing one flat on the ground.

      I sat in a 2001 QC in Reno NV Saturday. The main thing I wanted
to see was the 4x4 switch. It has 3 positions and 4 lights. Full
time, 4LO and 4HI, each with a light to indicate when it engaged the
new setting. I turned on the ignition key and started playing with
the switch (engine not running). I could hear the solenoid move the
gear, and then the light switched once it was engaged. The 4th light
was Neutral. The placard on the sun visor said that neutral was for
towing. I couldn't figure out how to put it in neutral, but
apparently they thought about towing.

      This was an automatic. I don't know if the 5 speed uses the
switch or the shifter on the floor. I'm planning to buy a 5 speed.

      Also, did I really see that right - full time 4WD? I'm pretty
sure it didn't say 2WD.

      The other big difference I noticed (aside from the dash) is the
ceiling and everything from window height up is light tan on an agate
interior (I didn't see an example of the other interior). I love the
agate interior, but from eye level up, it's light tan now. What were
they thinking. If I wanted light tan, I would get a vehicle with a
light tan interior. I can just imagine the dirt marks on the ceiling
that my kids will leave.

Mike

Michael Lohmeyer
(408) 573-8400 x104