Recommended Engine mods?? (esp. Mike D.)

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 09:44:10 EDT

Mike D. - What year block are you installing?? Tranny?? I won't ask all the
particulars because we're both going to approach our HP goals in different
ways (N/A vs. Forced Induction) and we've still got a track to scorch. I'm
just curious about things such as your motor mounts. I can't determine if I
have to change them or not. You may say yes, but then again that may be
because you had a premag, and the premags have different motor mounts than
the mags, which I don't know if that's true either. I know you didn't go
stick, but I'm not absolutely sure my AX-15 is going to work with the V8. I
know it'll bolt up, but I don't know about the clutch and flywheel
combination. I know I know, I shouldn't hook the AX-15 to the 360, but to
hell with it. If it stays in one piece terrific, if it blows up, either way
I'm still changing the tranny.

As for the motor, anyone have any recommendations on work to it? I'm talking
internal mods here, I've heard about as much as I can about autolite 3923's
as I could bear (grin). Head work? Cam specs? I'm already seriously
considering the Magnum Performance TB, simply because the bore is larger and
the huffer can get more air to the engine. As far as everything else, I'm
willing to sarcrifice horsepower for reliability so I'm probably going to
leave the bottom end alone. I just want to get A/F in and out as quickly as
possible. So, what do the gurus think?

-Austin
Vipertruck