Re: RE: Hi-Perf. INJECTORS

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 13:02:36 EDT

At 09:46 AM 8/8/00 -0500, you wrote:
>You can go higher...but it's not worth it on the V6 unless you're somewhere
>in the 260+HP range. (That would include a Supercharger, Cam, Head/Intake
>work, massive does of nitrous, or a combination of those.)
>- Bernd

On my 5.2L, with MPI, Magnum R/T cam, F&B Stage 1 tb, MP computer
stock fuel pressure and dynoed at a measured 231 rwhp (~290 hp
at the crank), I tested the 24# injectors. At WOT, there was heavy-duty
bogging and massive carbon soot coming out of the tail pipes. At part
throttle,
the O2 sensor output stayed on rich longer than lean in closed loop
and, after about 5 minutes, the cat O2 sensor output stayed on rich.
Just far too rich for my setup.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95