RE: Okay, UPS sucks big ones (where is my package?)

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 16:47:02 EDT

Ohh man... that ain't nuthin!

Got my Thorley headers from Positive Performance. Like the instructions
said, checked to make sure I had all the Gaskets/Nuts/Bolts/Washers, etc.
before getting started.

Take off my stock manifolds and cut the stock y-pipe & exhaust out with the
Sawzall. Put the drivers side on, Cool... no problem, moving along great. Go
to put the passenger side on.. wait a minute... WTF!

Turns out they fabricated a batch incorrectly, and did not put EGR
connectors on any of the passenger side headers! Never thought to check for
that, just figured it would be there....

So, now I have a DAK with one stock manifold and one Header and Nothing past
those!

To their credit: Tom at Positive Performance & the guy (Randy?) over at
Thorley were really helpful at getting a resolution ASAP. Yeah, you could
say (correctly) that they should have been, but think of the number of
places in business that would have been a TOTAL pain in the a** about it.
Even though this has been the longest header install in history (11 days and
counting), and much more a pain then I had planned... I'd still recommend
either of these businesses to the DML. Really good customer service is SOOO
rare these days, yet really encouraging on those occasions you actually come
across it!

My passenger side header (with EGR!) arrived via UPS last night. So I'm
heading home to start getting dirty. Hopefully by this weekend, my Dak will
be running again.

Hang in there Tim... UPS is pretty good about tracking things down.
You may still have that pulley tonight (or atleast by tomorrow PM).

Later,

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
Mopar HiPo Comp - Thorley Headers & Gibson Catback Exhaust... Almost!