RE: Re: Re: Okay, UPS sucks big ones (where is my package?)

From: Jon (jon@twistedbits.net)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 14:05:59 EDT

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, The Man From Utopia wrote:

> True to form they are living up to there name UPS = U People Suck. Always
> try to have my stuff shipped FedEx. I deal with both FedEx and UPS. SOme of
> my vendors use UPS and the boxes always come to us trashed, or worse lost.
> ALot of times I will not even accept a box because it's so trashed that the
> manuals and what-not in the box have fallen out.

  Yep!! We don't have a FedEx dropoff in my area, just UPS (and their
hours suck). Anyway, I have had several packages ruined by UPS (both
shipped to me and being shipped by me). One was a roll of transfer tape
for the DML decals that I was sending back to the sign shop for a different
type. I packaged it in the original box exactly the way it was shipped to
me. I'm still not sure what happened to it, but it got absolutely trashed,
half the roll was gone, and it almost looked like they drove over it
with a truck!! They said my packaging was inadequate and denied my
insurance claim. So, I had to spend another $100 to buy a new roll
and of course I was also out the $15 I paid them to ship it.

  Lately, I have been using the plain ol' post office. (Who would have
thunk it?) :-) They have made some changes in the past several years,
and I have been pleasantly surprised by them. Now, wherever I have
to ship something I used to send UPS, I send it priority mail. Not only
does it get there faster, but its cheaper, and I have yet to have them
destroy a package. (I'm sure it happens, but so far so good.)

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'