Autolite 5224 vs. 5223?

From: xjruss@excite.com
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 19:17:26 EDT

  Ok, I know autolites have been discussed alot in the past but please bear
with me as I am having trouble accessing the archives. Anyways, I just
bought a set of 5224's for my '99 5.2L but have yet to install them. My
question is, should I try to exchange them for 5223's? Because I understand
that the 23's are one range colder and god willing might help my pinging
problem. Are the 5224's the same running temperature as the stock plugs?
  By the way, I am running magnecore 8mm wires, brass cap and rotor, and
bosch platinums.

thanks for the help
-Russ Borman
'99 CC SLT 4x4 V8