GenIII Rims on GenII Dak

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 11:33:58 EDT

I am sure someone has tried this, and am just curious how it turned out.
My truck has the stock 15x6 rims with 5 1/8" of backspacing. The rims I have
in questions are the 15x7's, used on GenIII Dakotas and Durangos also have
a 5 1/8" of backspacing. So other than being 1" wider, these rims should be
a near perfect swap, right?

My girlfriend has a 2000 Durango 4x4 with the 15x7 rims(LT235 tires also),
and I am going to swap her tires onto my truck one day, just to make sure. I
have found a cheap set of these rims, and might go for them so I can run a
slightly wider and taller tire. Any thoughts?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6