Re: RE: 4WD: Tire Sizing/Fitment

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 13:58:16 EDT

> Well, I have 30x9.5 on my 95 DSCC 4x4. I didn't notice any difference is
> power or mileage. I went from a 235-75. My speedo doesn't seem to be
> affected either because I just got a speeding ticket for going the same
> speed that my speedo said. I know that is an expensive way to test the
> speedo accuracy but it wasn't my choice. hehe.

Yeah I just dont know if the 30x9.50s are worth it. I mean anything is an
improvement over the stock sized LT235s, but the 30" tire is only like a
1/2" taller, which works out to a mere 1/4" ontop and on the bottom of the
rim. Not much of an improvement. Then again, the LT235 size has been a
rather good size and has gotten my truck through alot of road conditions,
both on and offroad. I am also going to have to replace my spare tire with a
new size, if I do plan on getting a larger tire size. There is plenty of
room in the current spare tire spot for a 30" or even for a 31" tire. I
think I would definately have to get a new spare tire, becuase I am sure the
gears and rear diff woudlnt last long with say a 30" tire on one side and
the spare sized LT235 on the other side. GRENADE!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6