RE: 4WD: Tire Sizing/Fitment

From: Chapell, Ron (RChapell@rlps.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 12:39:34 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Kozubal [mailto:grndak4x4@home.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 12:23 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: 4WD: Tire Sizing/Fitment

How much power loss and gas mileage decrease will I find when going upto a
30x9.50 or a 31x10.50??? Remember now, no gear swaps, no body lifts, no
suspesion lift. I know I may have to 'adjust' the torsion bars for the 31s.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Well, I have 30x9.5 on my 95 DSCC 4x4. I didn't notice any difference is
power or mileage. I went from a 235-75. My speedo doesn't seem to be
affected either because I just got a speeding ticket for going the same
speed that my speedo said. I know that is an expensive way to test the
speedo accuracy but it wasn't my choice. hehe.

Chapell