Re: Re: GenIII Wheels on a GenII

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 00:16:31 EDT

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have seen the 15x7 GenIII rims in
local papers going for $150 and up. Like I said before, I will swap
rims/tires with my girlfriend, who has these rims on here 2000 Durango 4x4.
I like what I have seen so far, with the GenII Daks using the GenIII rims,
from the various links you all have gratiously provided. Even though they
all were 2WD Dakotas, I still think they will fit on my 4WD Dakota. I am
going to talk my girlfriend into trying the rim swap this weekend and will
definately let everyone know how things work out. I think the 15x8 rims
would be a better choice, especially for a 4WD truck. However, I think going
from a 15x6 rim(5 1/8" backspacing) to a 15x8 rim(with 5 1/2" backspacing)
may create some clearance issues upfront. Since the 15x7 rims have the same
backspacing, and are only 1 inch wider, they will cause little if any
problems. It will just be nice to be able to use my girlfriend's Durango
rims as a test mule so I can verify 100% whether they fit to my liking or
not. This way I can search around for the best prices and be sure they will
fit. Then, if the 15x7 rim clears, and has alot of room, I may just go for
the 15x8s. It would just be a more versitile rim for 4wheelin. True, I could
use hub/rim spacers, but I dont have long enough threads on the lugs, so the
idea of spacers is out of the question and I dont want to put longer lugs
on. I am just so sick of the stock black center caps rattling around every
tire rotation!!! I refuse to pay $25 each at the dealer for brand new caps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6