Re: R/T Popping

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 00:15:25 EDT

GtRWzrd@aol.com wrote:
>My 99 R/T has the familiar popping sound when turning on an incline. There

Been there, done that.

>was a TSB for the 98's but not the 99s to fix the cab bolts. My truck has
>spent 6.5 days with the dealer over the past 2.5 weeks and they cant find the
>problem. Anyone with a 99 experienced this problem?

Yes! My local dealer blamed my Hotchkis suspension. Fortunately, I
asked around for someone who had this problem fixed within driving
distance of me. I found out that Rick Hendrick Dodge in Charleston,
SC had fixed the problem. I drove down there, and they fixed the
problem. No more cab pop. It's really too bad DC hasn't extended the
TSB to the 99 model, as a lot of 99 owners are experiencing the
problem. Tell your dealer that it *is* the cab bolts, hopefully with
enough pleading on your part they'll give in and fix it for you. If
you like, I could fax you a copy of the work order where mine was
fixed. It shows mine is a 99, indicates my complaint about popping
when turning on an incline, and shows what they did to fix the
problem, replacing the cab bolts. Maybe your dealer would see this
and believe it? Could even call the dealer where I had it fixed and
talk to them about it.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43