Strange noise from a 94 Dakota

From: Jared Kaplan (blizzard@gis.net)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 18:37:48 EDT

        Hi everyone,
        Well, I fairly recently got a 94 Dakota (thus the subject). It's a great
truck, but all of the sudden I just started hearing a rattling (sort of a
"popcorn in the microwave" noise) from under the truck. I think its coming
from the Catalytic Converter but I am not completely sure. There is no
sulfur type smell from the converter so I think its ok but maybe I am
wrong. Does anybody have any idea what this noise might be?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jared Kaplan