Re: RE: My brand new Dak got crunched.

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 23:32:42 EDT

In a message dated 8/12/00 5:08:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
aharris@signcast.com writes:

<< After taking a closer look in the light of day, I did notice that the bed
had been knocked into the cab, and the cab is dented on both sides and the
paint is cracked and chipped. The bumper is crooked (closer to the body on
one end), so I crawled under the truck and saw that the bumpers have no
"crumple zone" or whatever, the bumper is bolted solidly to the frame. I saw
no evidence of bent bumper parts or mounts. So if the bumper's crooked, does
that mean my frame is probably crooked?

Sounds like he did give you one hell of a hit. From what you're describing;
and as new as you're truck is. I'd push to see about getting you're truck
replaced. If you're starting with a brand new truck. No reason for you to
make all the rest of the payment on a truck with Bondo all over. If it was
just the little bits on the tail; I'd say get it fixed and not to worry. But
knocking the bed into the cab; that's another story.
Keep us posted
Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo