Re: Exhaust and what to do

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 11:25:35 EDT

I have a 4.7 with few mods other than a replacement 2-chamber, 40-series
flowmaster. When i run it without a muffler, it's rediculously loud, often
sounds like an explosion or thunder when i punch the throttle and all-around
headache inducing. (awesome) When i put the muffler back on, it goes back
to being muted. Powerful sounding, but muted. People tell me it's still
really loud, but i can't feel it myself like i can with straight pipe
cat-back. You can make your own assumptions on what is going to happen
considering your obviously different, yet similar setup.

You might want to try a flowmaster 1-chamber race muffler. That shouldn't
turn down the volume too much, but it should get rid of some of the worst
raspiness. Should be available through summit racing. (www.summitracing.com)

Sean