RE: MSD 6A

From: Mitchell Carson (Mitchell.Carson@dalsemi.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 13:24:59 EDT

I appreciate the help folks.

It's not a grounding issue (lots of grounding braid installed to take care of that). The noise was not present prior to installing the MSD.

It's not a ignition wire problem. Prior to installing the MSD, I installed a new set of Autolite 3923's, Taylor wires, and Borg Warner cap/rotor. No noise in the radio after installing these. It was only after installing the MSD that the noise began.

It's a "hash" noise (like white noise). It's not an alternator whine or ignition "popping" noise. The "hash" is apparently coming from the MSD unit itself.

I sent e-mail to MSD this morning. Perhaps they'll see fit to supply me with the electrolitic capacitor <ahem, filter> values. Presuming they send me this information, I'll forward this information to the list.

-Mitch
ARS: W5MEC