RE: RE: cooling fan

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 09:14:12 EDT

Thats true, It should be designed for a hot environment, but apparently it
has a sensor that is detecting a predetermined temp and making the computer
shut off fuel/spark supply. Only happens in hot conditions, and is
activated by clutch engagement after WOT. Not sure about the surface temp,
varies depending on conditions, but I know it gets to hot to lay your hand
on.
Never was a problem until the summer months. notice it at the drag strip
under WOT, as soon as I lift to shift and then slam the gas back to the
floor, its dead.
I have to let the gas pedal all the way up, and then slam it down again to
resume acceleration.
If I let the truck cool down substantially it will cure the problem until it
reaches the "temp" what ever that is?
 I wonder if this is TPS related, I remember some folks having problems with
TPS's on their 4.7L's.

Matt