Re: Re: Alternator Answers

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 13:53:29 EDT

Kyle,
  I know what you mean about getting a warranty, just in case something
should happen. Just remember, not all AutoZones, NAPA's, and the like get
their alternators and stuff from the same place. For example, my dads
company has contracts with some NAPA and AutoZone stores along with many
other small autopart chains. So, the quality of the parts you get from a
NAPA one place may be better than they are somewhere else. Chances are that
you'll get a good part though, and with the warranty you can always return
it(but that usually gets you the same quality of the first one). Anyway,
let me know how it turns out and if the 120amp cures the voltage drop. Like
I said, I want to do the same upgrade soon.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6