Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: Differential Modification

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 16:19:12 EDT

| The CAB continuously monitors the speed of the differential ring gear by
| monitoring signals generated by the rear wheel speed sensor. The rear
wheel
| speed sensor is attached to the exciter ring which is press-fitted onto
the
| differential carrier next to the final drive ring gear.

Based on this explanation I would think that the exciter ring is moving at
axle speed not pinion speed which means a gear change would not affect the
speedometer as long as the stock carrier was reused. A tire diameter
change would of course need an adjustment.

My question is how to make the adjustment necessary for a tire change.

-STE