RE: Alternators and Serpentine Belts

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 01:46:01 EDT

Yeah, right. Two defective belts, one right after the other? Who made 'em,
Firestone? Do they have ATX stamped on them? :-D I would let the
dealership know or sign something stating that this is the third belt and
that you believe it's the tensioner and don't want to get stuck with the
repairs if this belt goes bad too. This happened in my 93 Caravan and the
dealer swore up and down the tensioner was fine. Then I swore up and down,
the tensioner got replaced....and I haven't had a problem since. Be
wary...it wasn't the mechanic who argued with me, it was the service writer.
If he knew what the he__ he was talking about, he'd be a mechanic instead of
a service writer!

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.55 LSD