MSD ignition install

From: Hausheer, Geoffrey (geoffrey.hausheer@intel.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 18:00:22 EDT

Okay so I got an MSD 6BTM for my truck (yeah I've heard that people haven't
gotten much out of the 6BTM, but I've heard some good things about it as
well). anyhow, I wanted to add an inline fuse near the battery (so that I
don't have unfused live power running around in my truck), and when I called
MSD, they told me to put a 60AMP fuse in! But the unit only comes with
12-gauge power wire, which I figure somewhere between 1.6ohm and
3.2ohm/1000feet, and is rated somewhere arund 20Amps continuous-current
(probably a bit less for the stranded wire). So does anyone know what a
reasonable sized fuse for the MSD-6 series is? If I put a 60AMP fuse in
there, it's basically like not having one, but I really don't need to blow
the fuse while hauling down the interstate.

As a side note, I'm getting a lot of interference through my amp (not the
radio though) I remember somone asking about the filter (just a capacitor,
right?), but I dunno if anyone ever said what the value was. If I knew how
much power it could draw, I could probably size it myself (but obviously I
don't). If anyone has any info on the filter, please let me know.

Thanks,
.Geoff