RE: What the F*@$%dkd@#$%$^%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 14:50:25 EDT

Your short times are an indication of track(traction) problems rather than
truck (HP) problems. A tenth second (0.10) in the 60' time will usually
equal 2 tenths (0.2) in the 1/4 mile ET.
Has your trap speed changed any?? If you are spinning more off the line
your trap speed will generally be higher mph than normal. Also, your
modification may have either (1. caused just enough increase in power to
cause traction loss in the first 60', or (2. Your modification may have hurt
your low end torque or even hp. I know you are saying you can feel more top
end, but unless you dyno before and aft, you don't really know how the
engine is responding to your mods.

Matt--VA--Y2K-HEMI `00 Sport Plus RC
4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD, Homemade air intake,
T-Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1,Hoosiers
3" Flowmaster cat-back, Bosch +4's
14.48 @ 92.40 MPH
209.9 RWHP/285 RWTQ
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ