RE: Coupla Questions...

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 19:17:10 EDT

The gas in my tank does do the slap to the front when I pull my Dak into my
garage. ( I have a 5 speed) It is most noticable when I have less than a half
tank of gas. I know it's the gas because a few times I pulled in and shut if
of quickly so I was actually shutting it off when the thump happened and then
you can hear the gas sloshing back and forth in there. My '85 3/4 ton did it
too since it had a single 30 gal tank....

- snip --
I very much doubt that the bump your are feeling is from the gas shifting
around.
It sounds more like your transmission (bands incorrectly adjusted, broken
mount)? It could be a number of other things to (and hopefully other DML'ers
will give you some more ideas, since transmissions are not my strong point).
(You don't say if your truck is Auto or Manual transmission... I'm assuming
Auto.)

-- snip --