RE: Coupla Questions...

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 19:23:11 EDT

On the bad smell issue. Since you don't describe it I will guess that it is a
mildew smell. Mine does it too. When you run the A/C and don't turn it off to
let the vents dry before you park the truck, the condensation collected in the
vents and the coils will mildew and in my truck it smells like crap. To
prevent it I make a habit of turning the A/C switch over to the floor about 1
mile or so before I arrive at my destination. Leave the fan blowing and it
will help to dry out the vents before you park it and as such will help to
prevent the mildew. Once the mildew is there though you can't easily remove it
that I know of. Maybe you can get some Lysol sprayed through the ductwork
while it's running or something. I've never tried but I may soon...

snip
If it is under the truck, and you're having tranny problems, and you have a
bad smell coming thru the vents, it may be as simple as a leak in the tranny
fluid cooling lines.
snip