Re: Re: BRAKE PROBLEMS - Contact NHTSA !!

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 19:17:09 EDT

"Steven T. Ekstrand" wrote:

> Its problematic across all of Mopardom....
>
> The LH cars are notorious for warping rotors. Same with the Sebrings.
>
> Haven't heard anything from Caravan owners but I don't know many. Friend
> with a Grand Cherokee had warpage within 20K as well. I've got a little
> pulsing starting, its very faint, but I only had 9K. My wife thinks hers
> are doing it at 22K. I haven't driven it lately. I may check runout this
> weekend on both.

Steve,

I have a '96 Caravan and they are not immune. I've already been through
a set of rotors that were HORRIBLY shaking. I've got a whole set of
horror stories with that vehicle as well. Trannies are notorious for
problems. I ran across a web site that discusses problem vehicles and
the Caravan transmission was by far the most extensively discussed
issue. I've already had 1 replaced and number 2 is making noises. All
within 65K.

Between the Caravan and my Dakota, by far the two most miserable service
nightmare items I have ever owned. Sorry to say I never had to deal with
this on my GM stuff. Wish DC would reconsider they way they handle
customer service. Like the vehicles if it weren't for the service
headaches.

Bob