Issues with Level 10 was: 42RE Bulletproof upgrade kit

From: Jayson P. Bentley (jayson@bentley.net)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 16:25:42 EDT

I don't know if any of you guys have sucessfully dealt with Level 10 in the
past, but I belong to another mailing list where there have been substantial
problems with Level 10. The issue revolved around the Level 10 upgrade for
a GM 4T65E tranny which is used in Supercharged 3.8 Liter applications - in
this case a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Basically the deal was that for the
outrageous sum of $5000 they were supposed to build a "bullet proof" tranny.
A member of the list who had a highly modified car was running mid to high
12s with it and had gernaded 2 trannys already. Well being the enthusiast
that he was he coughed up the money for it and once he finally recieved it
(which was 1 whole ordeal), it was defective. After many attempts to work
out some sort of return, he finally had to resort to the threat of legal
action (have a lawyer call and write the company) to get his money refunded.
I could probably find a thread to reference if any one really cares to read
about the whole ordeal, but after his experience I would not want to get
involved with them. I just don't want to see any of the list members here
have similar experiences. FWIW, IMHO, and YMMV!

Jayson
1998 Ram SS/T
2000 Grand Prix GTP/GTX
1969 Charger