Re: Intro, and a question or two

From: John Burgan (jburgan3@home.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 12:01:39 EDT

Scott,
 My 4.7L 5spd does the same thing, I took it in to the dealer 3 times for
the stalling problem. The first time they told me that they couldn't
duplicate the problem, the second time in they replaced the IAC motor
 which didn't help, ) and the third time, after a lot of arguing, they did
the following:

1. Adjusted the throttle plate so that it doesn't close as far when take
your foot off of the gas pedal
2. Re-stepped the IAC motor
3. Adjusted a delay in the computer, so that the rpm's don't fall as quickly
when your foot is taken off of the gas and the clutch is depressed

So far it has cured the stalling problem, but the idle still bounces when
rolling to a stop.
Hope this helps,
-John