Intro, and a question or two

From: Pilot.dog (pilot.dog@gte.net)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 03:21:28 EDT

Hi,
I am new to the list. My name is Scott.
I have a 2000 Dak 4.7 V-8 4x4 sport, with a 5 speed manual transmission.
Love it's performance but I have a question for some of you if you know.

1- It seems as if the engine can't maintain a constant idle when I am
slowing to a stop light. Truck in neutral, my foot is off the clutch and
the engine speed will vary from 500 to 1000 RPM on a 3 second cycle. The
dealer (BASTARDS) tell me this is just the way the truck works. So then
yesterday the engine just died on me. Has anybody else experienced this?

2- I am thinking of doing some modifications to this, Cat Back exhaust and
K&N intake. Maybe a computer chip. I imagine this has been discussed many
times before. But forgive me I am new. If anybody has some good
information either positive or negative on this idea of mine email me? :)

My email is mailto:pilot.dog@gte.net

Thanks.
PS I am willing to trade experience if you have dog training or computer
questions? Computers are my profession and dog training is my hobby.

Scott

Shhhh Sleeping Newfie.
Please don't trip over the watchdogs!"