Re: Brush/grill guards with hooks?

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 12:15:21 EDT

I would suggest going with a guard that's designed to mount a winch.
If it'll hold up to winching, you know it's strong enough to hold up
to tow hooks as well. I've seen too many grill guards that just
mount to the bumper and definitely aren't strong enough to pull on.
They're apparently for looks only.

Warn makes their "Trans4mer" modular guard for the genIII Daks. This
one is cool because you can get the guard and hooks now and add the
winch mount later if you decide you want one. I think David Martin's
guard is a Manik (sp?). From what I remember, his was the same way.
Ramsey's guards are pretty good as well, from what I hear.

These might be more expensive, but in the long run it's less
expensive to buy the right thing first than have to replace one
that's too cheap for what you're using it for.

=====