Re: Brush/grill guards with hooks?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 18:32:54 EDT

I saw a guard at Poop Girls today (don't recall the name, I think it was
a DeeZee) up close and personal and you are very, very right. The
"mass-market" guards are good for nothing more than looks, maybe some
parking lot protection, and the occasional shrubbery. I had looked at
those from a distance before but always had in the back of my mind "that
thing can't be strong." Everything out there for Daks that I've seen is
a frame mount (maybe because we don't have a suitable bumper?

I'll look into the Warns and Ramseys. David (if you're still out
there), can you give me a line on where you got your current guard? And
what your first one was (so I can avoid it, since you bent yours)?

I agree about spending more the first time, Jason. I'd rather spend
$600 now than $300 now and then $600 later, after breaking the first
setup and possibly damaging my truck.