Re: 2001 Dakota Accessories - Help

From: Gary Manning (gmanning@qualcomm.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 19:54:49 EDT

Hi Crit,

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Crit Bennett wrote:

> 1.) My biggest gripe is that I'd like to put the in-dash changer from the
> intrepid/stratus into my dakota, dropping as little money as possible. Does
> anyone know of a way that I can get a price break on the new radio and
> perhaps a credit for my nearly-a-week-old cassette w/ changer control? If I
> can get a good price on a new in-dash changer, I'd offer my current radio
> for sale, so let me know if anyone's looking for this unit.

I have a '00 Quad Cab with the Infinity cass/CD unit, and I have been
searching for someone with the Infinity cass/changer controls so I can put
in the remote 6-disk unit. By the looks of things, the radio styles have
changed from '00 to '01, so I don't know if yours will even fit. I could
take my truck to the dealer and compare them first hand to find out.

Trouble is, no one was interested in buying a stock radio for more than a
fraction of what we all paid Dodge for them. I could go aftermarket, but
I don't want to throw away the money I have spent already, and I want to
keep the functionality of my steering wheel controls.

> 4.) The last Dodge part I'm looking for is the bed extender. Can someone
> get me an approximate price and part no? My parts department can't find
> those either.

I am also looking for the extender. The closest I have come is this:

http://www.autostyles.com/truckbedextender.htm

They have it for $185 plus $16 shipping. I have read recommendations to
get the large version for Dakotas. I have seen the AMP Research model
on a few web pages. Does anyone have a cheaper source for them?

Gary