RE: 2001 Dakota Accessories - Help

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 10:30:58 EDT

You can get an extender directly through your dealer. If your dealer can't
find it, go to another dealer. It's right in their Dodge Dakota Accessories
catalog. I don't see where the 2001 differs from the 2000 as far as the bed
goes so that might be an option. You could always bring a measuring tape
with you and check the 2001's vs 2000s. The difference between aftermarket
and Dodge extenders is the way they mount. You have to drill mounting holes
in your bed sides to mount aftermarket extender. The Dodge mounts are
bolted to the bolts that hold the tiedowns.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

> 4.) The last Dodge part I'm looking for is the bed extender. Can someone
> get me an approximate price and part no? My parts department can't find
> those either.

I am also looking for the extender. The closest I have come is this:

http://www.autostyles.com/truckbedextender.htm

They have it for $185 plus $16 shipping. I have read recommendations to
get the large version for Dakotas. I have seen the AMP Research model
on a few web pages. Does anyone have a cheaper source for them?

Gary