Re: Re: MP Computer installed

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 09:13:12 EDT

Hmm
Okie... Check this out...
Colder plugs are better for power.... and may solve some pinging issues with
peeps with the stock puter...
The MP Puter is designed to work with 92+ octane or what ever.. If you wish
to run colder plugs (which I can bet you will still ping) and run 87 octane,
dont say we didnt warn you... and dont blame the mopar computer because if
tells you to run premium fuel... But I can bet your engine wont last as
long as it would if you run 92+ octane...
(I have the MP Puter, Hypertech, and a Supercharger, Larger Fuel injectors,
and Autolite 3922's and still have to use the Boost Timing Master to retard
the timing a little) Switching from the 3923's to the 3922's didnt so much
for the pinging...

Just run the fuel, or dont run the computer... Sorry, but I get pissed when
people try to do stuff like this, then wonder why its broke later...
Tim Berry
Chesapeake, VA
97 CC, 4x2, auto, 318
Best 1/4: 14.10@96.8