Re: Colder plugs. Why do they work?

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@nc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 22:13:17 EDT

> How to colder plugs allow the engine to make more power?
voodoo as far as I know :)
> What exactly do they do differently than a hotter plug?
they conduct heat better... not unlike a more efficient heat sink
> What are the differences between plugs that makes one hotter than another?
see above...
> What are the ramifications of running colder plugs? Obviously, if they
were
potentially they will foul out more quickley, although from my experience
there is no need to worry over that
> the perfect answer, auto manufs would install them from the factory.
they also have to deal with the EPA, a hotter plug will stay cleaner better
(i.e. less chance of fouling)... it is my belief that hot plugs are
installed from the factory b/c 90% of the population won't change the plugs
for 50-60k miles.