Mike's project PING

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 14:02:34 EDT

Ok, since the MPI manifold my truck hasn't pinged one time!!!! Don't
get me wrong I'm NOT complaining.....

So the other day when I filled up I got curious. I filled up with 89
octane + 4 gallons of left over 93. This morning on the way to work I
laid into it and guess what.... NO PINGS, smooth as silk man! I'm
going to run one more tank of 89 so it's not diluted with any 93 stuff
and see how it does. If it passes that test, I'll try 87 and see what
happens. BTW, this is with the ac running full and outside temps in
the triple digits range.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the MP computer here, not the stock one.
 Before the manifold it would ping with even 93. So what cured the
 ping? Well, it could be the belly pan deletion, or the higher
 flowing LA style thermostat, or perhaps some other mystery.....

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com