Re: Mike's project PING

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 14:30:06 EDT

Dang, Mike. I didn't know you had any pinging. I thought that was just
the 318's way of protesting being put in a Gen III Dak!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how that MPI works at the track come
September. Good to know there are still some things we can add to our
dinosaurs.

BTW, I found my receipt for the K&N FIPK, faxed it to them and had the
replacement filter the NEXT DAY!!!!! 8^D

Man, every business I know of could learn A LOT from K&N when it comes to
customer service. Thanks for the help on the incredible shrinking filter.
I think it was down to about 8" in diameter when I finally sent off for
replacement.

Richard

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:02:34 -0500 Michael Clark <mike@mikesdakota.com>
writes:

> Ok, since the MPI manifold my truck hasn't pinged one time!!!!
> Don't
> get me wrong I'm NOT complaining.....
>
> So the other day when I filled up I got curious. I filled up with
> 89
> octane + 4 gallons of left over 93. This morning on the way to work
> laid into it and guess what.... NO PINGS, smooth as silk man! I'm
> going to run one more tank of 89 so it's not diluted with any 93
> stuff
> and see how it does. If it passes that test, I'll try 87 and see
> what
> happens. BTW, this is with the ac running full and outside temps in
> the triple digits range.
>
> Keep in mind I'm talking about the MP computer here, not the stock
> one.
> Before the manifold it would ping with even 93. So what cured the
> ping? Well, it could be the belly pan deletion, or the higher
> flowing LA style thermostat, or perhaps some other mystery.....
>
> --Mike www.mikesdakota.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.