Re: MP Computer installed

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 19:21:24 EDT

>I can't tell you whether yours is switchable or not. Mine is not. It
>depends on whether or not your VIN and odometer are contained within the
PCM
>or not.

Yes, the 98's have VIN and odometer programmed into the computer. That is
why I asked a couple of weeks ago if the stock and MP comp's could be
swapped. What is the trigger for the ABS and Brake lights to come on. The
fact that there isn't a VIN in the computer or that the odometer isn't
sync'd? No one replied. Oh well.

>Pinging, on the other hand, is sometimes noticeable and sometimes not,
>especially since you have modified your exhaust. You may not hear light
>pinging over the exhaust noises. By the time you hear your pinging it's
>hammering those pistons pretty good. Besides, what if you decide to haul
>something and you have a tankful of 87. Are you going to drain it and put
>the 91 in?

The Gibson is not that much louder than stock in the cab. The A/C makes more
noise than the exhaust. No I'm not going to drain the tank, that's why I'm
trying to control this with the plugs. Are you not paying attention here? If
the plugs will not control it, then I'll do what I can to get the octane up,
take it easy, and switch out the computer, if I can ever find out it that's
an option.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers and computer, F&B TB, Gibson