Re: Removing Stickers/Steel Vs. Fiberglass

From: IXLR8RT@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 19:01:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/2000 5:04:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
Jason.Woodruff@west.boeing.com writes:

> Me again. I want to remove the graphics from my Dakota. It's very
> new. are there any tricks to it, I know the sooner the better.

I removed mine the first night I picked it up.
I used a hair dryer to warm the decal, then used a PLASTIC razor blade to
lift the edges. Pull slowly while keeping the dryer on low, and heat ahead of
the direction you are pulling.
When the decal's where done, I used some 3M adhesive remover on the remaining
glue. Read the label on the can. It should say something to the effect of
"removes adhesive, tar, and wax."
Use 2 towels. First towel is to apply the remover, let it soak, use the
second towel to wipe the adhesive off.
You may have to do it a couple of times, depending on how much adhesive is on
the truck. It will start to "ball" up and roll off the surface.

Make sure and wax the truck when finished.

Total time spent was about 40 minutes, not including the waxing. That was to
remove all 5 decal's.

Any question's? Feel free to e-mail me.

Later,
Jeff C.

"There's no such thing as too much cam, just not enough motor."
--David Freiburger

Jeff Capuzzi
00' Dakota Sport RC 2wd, Intense Blue with 4.7 V8, 5 speed, and 3.55 gears.
Decal free, 255/60-15 Firestone's, and loud pipes.