RE: Fuel Filter???

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 11:56:56 EDT

Here's one item that you may have not tested:

On the distributor shaft (below the intake and top of the block), there's a
brass bushing that can go out of round causing either misfires and/or
non-fire because the timing goes out of whack. I found out about this from
the dealer and one of the line-techs showed me the tool for it. You have to
pull the distributor, run the tool down the hole, and pull the bushing up
and out. Then, replace it.

Don't know if this is a cause...but the easiest way to check it is to remove
the distributor cap and rotor and wiggle the shaft from side to side every
90 degrees of rotation. If it wobbles, it's out of round.

- Bernd