RE: A-Hole Cop

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 12:02:21 EDT

You don't know how many times I was cited for VC5200 (No front plate) and
won in court. In CA, if the vehicle was sold without the front plate
mounting brackets (or no holes to mount it to), you are not required to
install it. (You have to carry it though.) The SJPD and Santa Clara
Sheriff's departments didn't seem to realize that they're vehicle codes have
some loop-holes in them. If it was torn off, you need to carry it with you
though...just as proof.

On the factory "Driving" lights issue, contest the citation and bring in all
the dealer documentation. As for the trailer hitch/ball, well, if it's the
stock bumper and it's in the factory mounting hole, ask the dealer for any
documentation that they might have (or at least inspect it for legality
purposes) and get a written statement from them.

On a personal note, I think Officer Berg is in dire need of a blowj--. ;)

$0.02

- Bernd