Re: Re: DML : Re:What sensor can I monitor......?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 11:51:34 EDT

At 10:50 PM 9/2/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Chuck asked: "what was your Dak doing?" Well,it`s had a hesitation or
>"sag" that comes and goes(usually)when driving.You know the way the A/C
>compressor saps some of the power when it kicks in? Multiply that power
>loss by fifty,and that`s what it feels like.Don`t know if it`s engine or
>transmission.You can actually feel the sag in power in the truck`s
>body,like driving over small bumps in the road.I think it`s getting
>worse,so the dealer may be able to find it next
>time(hopefully).Thanks,Steve P.

One thing that I can think of is that maybe the torque converter is
is locking and unlocking erratically ... lockup is controlled by the
PCM.

BTW, I can't think of a sensor that would directly give an indication of
a misfire. I would imagine that the cat O2 sensor would eventually
send voltages that showed constant rich because of the unburnt mixture
but that indicator could also be caused by other things. I would also
think that if there is a misfire that rpm at idle would fluctuate a bit.

Bob